South Korea deploys new cruise missile that can hit “any” target in North Korea
South Korea has unveiled a cruise missile that it says can “hit targets anywhere in North Korea”, putting emphasis on the office of North Korea’s leaders.
The defence ministry invited reporters to a special video presentation of the recently deployed missiles, showing footage of them being launched from destroyers and submarines and striking mock targets. Kim Min-seok, a defence ministry spokesperson, said that the weapon was originally tested in April, of last year, and that deployment was now complete.
"The cruise missile being unveiled today is a precision-guided weapon that can identify and strike the window of the office of North Korea’s leadership", Min-seok told reporters, earlier today.
"[We’re] also speeding up the deployment of a ‘kill chain’ system, capable of detecting, targeting and destroying North Korean missiles", Min-seok added.
The South Korean military has been on a heightened state of alert ever since Pyongyang first threatened the nuclear test it eventually conducted on Tuesday — making it the North’s third nuclear test, following previous detonations in 2006 and 2009.
IMAGE: A South Korean navy destroyer launches an indigenous cruise missile during a drill on February 14, 2013. Courtesy of the South Korean Navy, via REUTERS.
- writersarea likes this
- realworldnews reblogged this from bittersweetaubade
- bittersweetaubade reblogged this from khybrr
- myafternoonteaa reblogged this from ninasplaylist
- marquesadesantos reblogged this from khybrr
- purplebloodedmajesty reblogged this from khybrr
- shadexhi2 likes this
- youaskedfurret reblogged this from khybrr
- ninasplaylist reblogged this from khybrr
- marchwardenoflorien reblogged this from khybrr
- dotoriii reblogged this from khybrr
- theevilblackbunny reblogged this from khybrr
- sturmtruppen likes this
- captaincatbee reblogged this from khybrr
- tabcan likes this
- khybrr posted this